NXT 2.0 Discovery Book - Give away contest
NOTE: This contest has ended. The winners have received their prizes. You can no longer make a submission!
The LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 Discovery Book has been out for a few months, and many people around the globe have already got their hands on a copy. Do you have a copy yet?
To spark your MINDSTORMS enthusiasm, I am happy to announce the start of a book contest, with prizes!
Find YouTube videos that are related to 'The LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 Discovery Book'.
For example, find videos that show one or more of the book's robots in action,
or find video book reviews. Make a list of links to as many appropriate videos
that you can find, and submit them as follows. The contestant who sends in most
links wins the contest.
The three best submissions by contestants who already have the book will receive one of the following prizes:
1st prize: Custom 'Power Functions' pack including:
- PF battery box
- PF LED lights
- 2 Medium PF motors
- 2 Linear Actuators
- MINDSTORMS NXT Sound Sensor
- MINDSTORMS NXT Light Sensor
The five best submissions by contestants who do not yet have the book will each receive:
One free copy of 'The LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 Discovery Book'.
How to take part
Can you find the Snatcher in action? Or maybe the Hybrid Brick Sorter?
- Collect as many links (URL's) to Discovery Book related YouTube videos as you can find,
and include the urls and video titles in an email to: discoverybook [[at]] laurensvalk [[dot]] com . Each correct link will increase your score by 1.
- The email should be entitled: 'Discovery Book video contest submission'.
- Include a note to tell me about the total number of links. Also include your name.
- Anyone in the world, of any age may take part. If you're under 18, be sure to ask your parents or guardian for permission to go on YouTube.
- If you want to qualify for one of the three LEGO prizes, you must also submit a picture of the book with a proof that this is your copy. (For example, include a note with your name on it in the photograph. Click here to see an example.)
- For two free bonus points, click this link and retweet the Tweet that you see. If you want to qualify for these bonus points, include a link to your profile in your email submission.
- One submission per person. Once you've submitted your links with one email, you cannot submit more links after then.
- The contestant who submits most video links wins the first prize. The second best submission will receive the second prize, and so on. If two contestants submit an equal number of video links and, say, they would compete for the second position, the contestant with the first submission will win the second prize, the other wins the third prize.
- You may submit links to videos that you've made yourself. When you do, your videos must have been uploaded to YouTube at or before September 25.
- If you submit a link which doesn't relate to the Discovery Book in any way, this will reduce your score by 1. If you're unsure, include a motivation for why you included the link.
- All entries must be submitted at or before 7 November 2010 (11.59 PM, GMT + 01.00). I have the right to postpone this deadline.
- I will contact the winning contestants within 15 days after this deadline.
- If you have any questions, send an email to: discoverybook [[at]] laurensvalk [[dot]] com entitled: "Discovery Book video contest question"
- Be nice.
- It's not hard, so give it a try! However, (!) there are more videos out there than you think!
- Happy searching!
About the Discovery Book
The LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 Discovery Book is a hands-on activity book for all ages that lets you discovery the captivating world of LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0. With this book you'll build a set of sophisticated robots and learn all about robot programming, while the challenges throughout further fire your imagination. Time to start building! Look around this website to learn more about the book, or check out the video (that's your first submission!) below.